1996-01-28 - “German service cuts Net access” (to Santa Cruz)

Header Data

From: Alan Pugh <ampugh@mci.newscorp.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2745b1d2c9ab8ae9676ca6a8a2da255dfac290c62c1b046fcbe5c3523d4bdc3d
Message ID: <199601280459.XAA15779@kafka.delphi.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 13:23:13 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Pugh <ampugh@mci.newscorp.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 13:23:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: "German service cuts Net access" (to Santa Cruz)

>"Germany's biggest Internet provider has blocked access to a Santa Cruz
>computer service that makes available neo-Nazi propaganda in another sign
>of the growing tension over material available on the Internet.
>
>"Deutsche Telekom, Germany's national phone company, blocked its 1 million
>customers Thursday from gaining access to Internet "Web sites" maintained
>by customers of Web Communications of Santa Cruz.

At least my local paper got it right in the AP article they published on this...

"The block - analogeous to the government ordering a bookstore to take every
book by a given publisher off the shelves because it objected to one title -
was imposed Thursday."

Thread