1996-01-22 - Re: Netscape + Verifone

Header Data

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
To: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
Message Hash: 4441ba4ed6aa27c3af55dac604951f4aede09f007c5a4b78db798de44085810f
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960122125346.6718A-100000@chivalry>
Reply To: <199601221912.OAA07923@jekyll.piermont.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-22 20:58:16 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Jan 96 12:58:16 PST

Raw message

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 96 12:58:16 PST
To: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Subject: Re: Netscape + Verifone

On Mon, 22 Jan 1996, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

>    REDWOOD CITY, CA - Netscape Communications Corp. and Verifone
>    Inc. will devise a system to make electronic payments on the internet
>    more secure.
>
> Anyone know anything about this? I'm away from my normal sources of
> such things (like Bloomberg terminals)...

The first I heard of this was when John Young posted the cite this
morning <sigh>. Maybe he can find out which cubicle they're going to be
moving me to :-/

The full text of the press release is available at

http://www.eit.com/people/announcements/012296.html

Thread