1996-01-13 - Re: Novel use of Usenet and remailers to mailbomb from luzskru@cpcnet.com

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 498f3d8c11538f47ff00158dda377568002e8fb224ceddf6dcc5d18c4237d300
Message ID: <v02120d02ad1ce02500bc@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 12:43:25 +0800

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 12:43:25 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Novel use of Usenet and remailers to mailbomb from luzskru@cpcnet.com

At 18:22 1/12/96, Alan Bostick wrote:

>If "digital postage" is ever implemented, this sort of
>distributed-origin mailbomb-through-a-remailer would be stopped
>immediately.  All the messages that the horny net geeks send would
>necessarily contain the same postage stamp, and the remailer would
>notice this right away -- and throw away messages containing the used
>postage stamp.
>
>One more motivation for e$-like digital postage for remailers.

I am not sure that postage would solve this problem. The geeks would
individually pay for it. Still, nominal postage would solve a lot of the
problems that plague remailnet.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.

Thread