1996-01-15 - Re: New Puzzle Palace?

Header Data

From: Jeff Simmons <jsimmons@goblin.punk.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 53f1e423b80abdd47e091b42d483f66c84d30c3866c52185ae7233aecfd7642b
Message ID: <199601152313.PAA00494@goblin.punk.net>
Reply To: <ad1fe6fe020210049989@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-15 23:13:27 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Jan 96 15:13:27 PST

Raw message

From: Jeff Simmons <jsimmons@goblin.punk.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 96 15:13:27 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: New Puzzle Palace?

> I thought the thread was about "The Puzzle Palace." It's certainly possible
> that Bruce Schneier has contributed to a second edition, beyond the
> Foreward or whatever it is, but your comments fit with "Applied
> Cryptography" closely, too.
>
> Have you seen a copy of "The Puzzle Palace," 2nd Ed.?

I wrote to Bruce Schneier about this a month or so ago.  He said that he'd
gotten the information about the new edition of "The Puzzle Palace" from
the authors, and that while the reference in "Applied Cryptography" gave
it a 1995 copyright, it actually won't be out until sometime in 1996.

--
Jeff Simmons                           jsimmons@goblin.punk.net

Thread