1996-01-01 - Re: Guerilla Internet Service Providers

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 5ecfc5665c6b4e341ff3401c185b615d8ceeb981db7e806ebd514b90d03c6eed
Message ID: <v02120d08ad0dfcded03a@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 05:31:16 +0800

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 1996 05:31:16 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Guerilla Internet Service Providers

At 14:17 1/1/96, Mike McNally wrote:

>Seems to me at as soon as things like a general-purpose browser (and
>associated TCP/IP stack & PPP or SLIP) becomes as easy to load up as
>an AOL demo disk, and local ISP's are listed in the yellow pages, the
>advantage of being able to pay a provider for nothing more than the
>routing of IP packets so that the net as a whole can be explored (and,
>perhaps, more services purchased) will FAR outweigh any of the goodies
>the current big providers offer.

But how many of them will be willing to forward certain newsgroups if doing
so carries a mandatory 10 year prison term? Hint: count the number of
narcotics dealers that advertize in your local yellow pages.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.

Thread