1996-01-12 - Re: Shimomura on TV?

Header Data

From: “Douglas F. Elznic” <delznic@storm.net>
To: John Young <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 66b3939191e76f65a0880b39e7aab7e5df1818a77427e1c8e7c907e3054420c6
Message ID: <2.2.16.19960112000749.2b6f98f8@terminus.storm.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 08:36:41 +0800

Raw message

From: "Douglas F. Elznic" <delznic@storm.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 1996 08:36:41 +0800
To: John Young <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Shimomura on TV?

At 10:08 PM 1/10/96 -0500, John Young wrote:
>Someone just said that NBC's Dateline showed a snippet of
>Shimomura on an upcoming show about rampant cyber-crime and
>that he was the best hope against it, or something to that
>effect. Did anyone see it and get the time and date?
>

>Anyone attend the Shimomura-Markoff lecture at Stanford today?
>

>Is this the media blitz for their pot-boiler? Can't wait to
>slurp it.

Has anyone heard anything else about this? I am getting real sick of the
media's portrayal of the internet. They never say anything good about it. If
they were to mention C2's system they would say how it is a no-rules server
to hide thugs and pornos from the police. I am getting sick of watching this
trash. The whole realm of the internet and computers and their associated
areas are very dear to me I am sick of the media bludgeoning them to death.

--
                 delznic@storm.net