1996-01-31 - Re: New Mailing List (encrypted)

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 694374fc3fbfde2393460140be0c49ff189ffd00a313da919795f239940ebbb2
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960130195856.00951320@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 08:01:09 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 08:01:09 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com

At 10:21 AM 1/30/96 -0800, anonymous-remailer@shell.portal.com wrote:
>On Sat, 13 Jan 1996 13:42:49 -0600, <perry@vishnu.alias.net> wrote:
>
>>	I have installed PGPdomo on vishnu.alias.net. I've also
>>created a new mailing list that you can join if you wish. It's a
>>closed mailing list, so subscriptions must be approved. What makes
>
>If we have attempted to subscribe, but received no response, does that
>mean that we didn't get approved?  If so, how can we "qualify"?

I have noticed that the software they are using is VERY picky about he
formatting of the request and how it is encoded in PGP.  To get it to work,
I had to use the EXACT instructions posted to get it to subscribe.

The PGPMajordomo software is a great idea, but in practice it has not been
that fun to use.  The biggest problem has been that the mail client I use
does not do PGP that well.  Hopefully the state of E-Mail support for PGP
will change.

Another project to add to the list...

Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
         Is the operating system half NT or half full?

Thread