1996-01-12 - Re: Zimmermann case is dropped.

Header Data

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
To: hallam@w3.org
Message Hash: 717642acc870602bf13655ca65497a896f2e555e109d280585d0532bf74336f0
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960111184106.19791H-100000@chivalry>
Reply To: <9601120029.AA04608@zorch.w3.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-12 02:38:59 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 11 Jan 96 18:38:59 PST

Raw message

From: Simon Spero <ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 96 18:38:59 PST
To: hallam@w3.org
Subject: Re: Zimmermann case is dropped.

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996 hallam@w3.org wrote:
> make small ones out of big ones. Thats a big plus in many peoples books.
>

> >	We've made no progress. Phil has lots lots of time and gained
> >lots of grey hairs, and everyone who donated to his defense fund lost
> >money.
>
> No progress? At least Phil is not going off on a trip to Alcatraz to
> One of the most overdue reforms of the US government is the renaming of
> the FBI building to remove the name of J Edgar Hoover. The abuse of power
> under his administration of the FBI continues to poison the US polity
> by providing clear proof to many citizens that their government cannot be
> trusted. While the abuses of Hoover continue to be commemerated in this
> fashion there can be little public confidence in any claims of reform.
>
> >	The US can still harass people if they want, and make their
> >life hell.
>
> Not just the US government. There are many crooks out there who have attempted
> or are attempting worse. At least with the government there are means to
> bring it to heel eventually.
>
> 	Phill

(defun modexpt (x y n)  "computes (x^y) mod n"
  (cond ((= y 0) 1)
	((= y 1) (mod x n))
	((evenp y) (mod (expt (modexpt x (/ y 2) n) 2) n))
	(t (mod (* x (modexpt x (1- y) n)) n))))

Thread