1996-01-26 - Problem building PGP on NT

Header Data

From: Max Domeika <Max_Domeika@ccm.jf.intel.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7785ab115d39a48d7b8ff193d7efd7a2ac2d20114208f08727a6318901b3a66f
Message ID: <Thu, 25 Jan 96 23:56:01 PST_1@ccm.jf.intel.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 17:26:43 +0800

Raw message

From: Max Domeika <Max_Domeika@ccm.jf.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 17:26:43 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Problem building PGP on NT

Hi,

  First question:  Is this the appropriate place to go with this kind of
question.  If not, I apologize.  Anyways here goes:

  I'm trying to build PGP, the MIT version under windows NT using
Microsoft C++ version 4.0.  The program builds after a few modifications
to the makefile but cannot generate a RSA key.  Everytime, I type pgp
-kg and answer the required questions, pgp attempts to generate some
primes and apparently fails.  Anyone have a clue as to what the problem
may be???

  I know there is an executable of PGP for NT already made, I've used
it.  So I at least know it's possible to build on NT.  Anyone else
attempt a port to NT???

Thanks ahead of time,

Max

Thread