1996-01-23 - re: [local] Report on Portland Cpunks meeting

Header Data

From: Weld Pond <weld@l0pht.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 788362e37dcad62aff0110e536873fb92de9f75c3ea187c99d15d489ab636d57
Message ID: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.960123143344.3181A-100000@l0pht.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 05:32:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Weld Pond <weld@l0pht.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 05:32:30 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: re: [local] Report on Portland Cpunks meeting

>There was a key signing.  It was a bit rough as for many of us it was our
>first key signing.  (I think Neal was the only person who had been to an
>organized key signing.)  Still, it went fairly well.  Only a couple of
>people brought their key fingerprints on disk instead of paper.  As of
>today, I have only recieved signed keys back from a couple of people
>though...  The next key signing will be done a bit differently.  (Live and
>learn.)  There was also a suggestion for a nym signing at some point.

This begs the question, "How would you conduct an efficient key signing
given what you have learned?" I am in the process of organizing one and
would like to get input as to the best way that this should take place.
Should people bring key fingerprints and public keys on floppy?  Would it
be nice to be online and grab public keys off of a key server? How would
you conduct a nym signing?

      Weld Pond   -  weld@l0pht.com      -     http://www.l0pht.com/
      L  0  p  h  t    H  e  a  v  y    I  n  d  u  s  t  r  i  e  s
      Technical archives for the people  -  Bio/Electro/Crypto/Radio

Thread