1996-01-30 - Re: your bogus post

Header Data

From: watson@tds.com
To: Paul Graham <pg@viaweb.com>
Message Hash: 78d2dda726945a4d381d6a13424264d1213b827644b84a9963d3f67401d15b50
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960130100318.10851A-100000@mailman.tds.com>
Reply To: <199601301524.KAA06011@tintin.uun.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-30 20:42:53 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 04:42:53 +0800

Raw message

From: watson@tds.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 04:42:53 +0800
To: Paul Graham <pg@viaweb.com>
Subject: Re: your bogus post

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Paul Graham wrote:

> A company capable of doing such irresponsible things is not one
> that we would trust with users' money.

Some of you must have missed the superbowl ads where people and frogs
were getting frozen to beverage cans, and movie actors moved the grand
canyon with a horse.  Marketing is a fact of life.  Seems to me the
irresponsibile thing too many of our society do is put too much stock in
the marketeers.  I usually select products on their merits, not on the
marketing.  Maybe you do too.  But the marekting works, and companies
have to use it to stay profitable.

So, what do you think of their product?

Dave

Thread