1996-01-22 - Re: CIA Stashes

Header Data

From: Brad Dolan <bdolan@use.usit.net>
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: 7934c99bea5acad7594208a78e5b3a94595280042f1e727df522aa4e26236037
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960121193140.27199B-100000@use.usit.net>
Reply To: <199601212341.SAA02445@pipe2.nyc.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-22 00:45:37 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 08:45:37 +0800

Raw message

From: Brad Dolan <bdolan@use.usit.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 08:45:37 +0800
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: CIA Stashes

On Sun, 21 Jan 1996, John Young wrote:

[...]
>    In a related matter, on Friday C-SPAN 2 aired several hours
>    of comments and proposals by intel experts before the US
>    Commission on Intelligence Reform. Mephistophelean former
>    NSA head Admiral Bobby Ray Inman proposed among other
>    brain-wavers to reorganize the thirteen or so bloated,
>    bumbling, cat-fighting intelligence agencies:

[...]
>    Former Ambassador to China Tilley, a 25-year veteran of CIA
>    operations, emphasized the importance of continuing Non
>    Official Cover operations, which, he said, are invaluable
>    very-long term penetrations. He cited those he set up in
>    China as COS and then revisited fifteen years later as
>    ambassador -- still ferreting deepest of demon red-commie
>    secrets, he black-comicly glowered to the glazed-eyes. NOC,
>    while very expensive, is crucial, he, too, parroted.

[...]

My eyes were glazing over but I think I heard him say that it was a nice
intelligence service practice to pass along useful info to
friendly businessmen in exchange for their help.

So there you have confirmation of at least some "economic intelligence"
activity.

bd

Thread