1996-01-03 - [local] Portland OR Cypherpunks meeting

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: gbroiles@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Message Hash: 79d97228e8eff2ea28875cd9a51dc38be8da2bbb5e6f52ea2be7a8e73b128f7c
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960103034409.0091ae54@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 12:01:46 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 1996 12:01:46 +0800
To: gbroiles@darkwing.uoregon.edu
Subject: [local] Portland OR Cypherpunks meeting

It looks like the Portland Cypherpunks meeting is going to happen.  The
meeting plans are not set in stone.  (I am still trying to make certain that
the maximum amount of people can attend.)

The current plans:

Location:       The Habit Internet Cafe
                21st and Clinton
                Portland Or
Time:           5:23pm (Discordian Standard time)
Date:           January 20th, 1996

There are machines and Internet connections available at the site.  I am
concidering adding an IRC channel for virtual Cypherpunk attendance.
(Encrypted IRC anyone?)

Planned activities include keysigning, discussing various issues and
projects of the day, drinking lots of coffee, and whatever else we can come
up with.  (A Detwiller Doom patch?)

No video cammeras, regualer cameras, and/or other soul stealing devices will
be allowed on the premises.  (Many of the people attending have pork and
pork-substitute related alergies.)

A more detailed porting will occur in a couple of days.

For more information, complaints, flames, etc., just send me e-mail.

Thanks!

Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
              http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
"Governments are potholes on the Information Superhighway." - Not TCMay

Thread