1996-01-17 - Re: A Modest Proposal: Fattening up the Proles

Header Data

From: Jeff Barber <jeffb@sware.com>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: ad07167eb52e8e21f174ce6fdfa8f446dac3d906a8b46bc07407283e5b262a4a
Message ID: <199601171433.JAA06658@jafar.sware.com>
Reply To: <ad21ecac030210049202@[205.199.118.202]>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-17 23:16:29 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 07:16:29 +0800

Raw message

From: Jeff Barber <jeffb@sware.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 07:16:29 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: A Modest Proposal: Fattening up the Proles

Timothy C. May writes:
  At 2:57 AM 1/17/96, tallpaul wrote (quoting):
> >"To understand the probable outcome of the Libertarian vision, see any
> >cyberpunk B movie wherein thousands of diseased, desparate and starving
> >families sit around on ratty old couches on the streets watching television
> >while rich megalomaniacs appropriate their body parts for their personal
> >physical immortality."

> The absurdity of this point is obvious to anyone with a brain. Why would we
> want the donors to be "diseased" and "starving"?  It is imperative that
> donors be healthy and non-anorexic (we used to use the phrase "fattened
> up," but this is no longer au courant).
>
> To keep the proles reasonably healthy, the plutocrats are encouraging the
> current wave of exercise videos, ThighMasters, Buns of Steel, etc. And lots
> of beer, as the Kobe beef quakers have shown.

Plus, we'll be feeding them tasty and nutritious Soylent Green(tm)...

-- Jeff

Thread