1996-01-29 - Re: An Enigma - Wrapped In a Circle

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: liberty@gate.net (Jim Ray)
Message Hash: b2be6a3be93f45a3916eaa6d532a59aa03b4437b8d51335ed8fd385ccb3f2146
Message ID: <199601291403.JAA22297@jekyll.piermont.com>
Reply To: <199601290505.AAA36182@osceola.gate.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-29 14:35:27 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 22:35:27 +0800

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 22:35:27 +0800
To: liberty@gate.net (Jim Ray)
Subject: Re: An Enigma - Wrapped In a Circle

Jim Ray writes:
> >What the hell is the cypherpunks relevance here, anyway? I mean, other
> >than trying to elicit a response from me, which you surely knew would
> >show up, was there any purpose to this? Why are crop circles important
> >to people worrying about cryptography and cryptography policy? What
> >possible linkage could there be?
>
> Why Perry! I see your point! Any phenomenon that elicits articles
> with titles like "Ciphers in the Crops" could have nothing at all
> to do with cryptography...

And I read it and it seemed like crap to me that had no relevance to
this mailing list. Neither would discussions of how UFOs are reading
our minds and thus a great threat to privacy.

> I repeat: Go hump a tree.

Thank you for your witty and sophisticated repartee.

Plonk.

.pm

Thread