1996-01-28 - Re: “German service cuts Net access” (to Santa Cruz)

Header Data

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c6046962299dce29421288ecba0e6e462e6ad72e7145f2c450f473b5f49a1b89
Message ID: <v02120d00ad30b69c3e45@[192.0.2.1]>
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 14:31:54 +0800

Raw message

From: shamrock@netcom.com (Lucky Green)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 1996 14:31:54 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: "German service cuts Net access" (to Santa Cruz)

At 4:53 1/28/96, Alex de Joode wrote:
>Belgian TV (the dutch language channel) has a page on teletext (Ceefax)
>[I don't think US tv has that feature] stating that the French backbone
>is thinking about blocking sites that provide information that they deem
>ethicly unacceptable, like sites that promote the denial of Konzentrations
>Lagers, the extreme right, pornografic and pedophile sites.

Wonder how long before they will include gereral purpose proxies in the
proposed ban.

We should start a "banned websites pool". If a site gets banned, the
controversial content will be mirrored at all other sites. There are enough
ISPs on this list to make that happen. Will they have the courage?

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com>
   PGP encrypted mail preferred.

Thread