1996-01-31 - Re: Over-reacting?

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: jim bell <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c823ee8426a92ec0c49d36dbdaab269820fd94fb7a3499645692e1e0756ce2e3
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960129072232.0092f538@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 20:04:30 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 1996 20:04:30 +0800
To: jim bell <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Over-reacting?

At 09:38 PM 1/28/96 -0800, jim bell wrote:
>At 05:42 PM 1/28/96 -0800, Timothy C. May wrote:

>>We already have enough traffic here, and don't need replies from a bunch of
>>other lists, be they libertarian lists, digital commerce lists, human
>>rights lists, or java lists.
>>
>>The latest example of this is the rantfest invvolving these players:
>
>I really don't know why I'm being "killed" by May in this way.  He cites a
>rant by a local (Portland, Oregon) crackpot named "Jack Hammer."  I even
>took the time to apologize for his existence, while I do claim a certain
>lack of responsibility:  Basically, I'm being targeted because Hammer can't
>stand my essay.  (Whether May will even see my apology is in doubt, I
>suppose...)  While May certainly has the right to "killfile" whomever he
>wishes, it might be a bit more logical to do this in a graduated fashion,
>"killing" Hammer and then waiting to see if the rest of us follow in his
>habits.

The reason for the killfiling is your habit of adding multiple additional
mailing list into the To: and cc: list.  I have seen more than one post
where you have added a Libritarian list and the "Democracy Now Channel 2'
list into the fray, not to mention other individuals.  THAT is why you are
getting the golden killfile, not your association with Jack "Acid" Hammer.
(Though that may help...)

The only individual I have killfiled (so far) is Dr. Fred. (At least on
mailing lists.  Usenet is another matter...)

Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
         Is the operating system half NT or half full?

Thread