1996-01-30 - Re: The Big Lie

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr. Dimitri Vulis)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c83f915a4c1cf5893d85df81764de9ec716674cf846ba2b8dbbaed6769861310
Message ID: <FPqiiD113w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.NXT.3.91.960130134605.8770D-100000@oe1>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-30 14:07:25 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 22:07:25 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr. Dimitri Vulis)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 22:07:25 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: The Big Lie

Oliver Huf <ohuf@relay.sedat.de> writes:

> > Damn germans. I guess that they really haven't changed a hell of a lot
> > over the past few decades. No wonder that every other European race
> > (pretty much) sterotypes them.
>
> You haven'n been in Germany for a very long time, have you?
> ... or in Europe at all?

This thread has very little cryptographic relevance and has degenarated
into a full-scale ethnic flamefest.

Neither Germans nor Americans nor any other nation are inherently evil.

There are certain things that German government does which many on this
mailing list find distasteful. There are certain things that the U.S.
government does which many on this mailing list find even more distasteful.

We should seek to help those Germans who seek to circumvent the laws of
their country which we find to be unjust and unfair, just as we would
have helped the "dissidents" in the former Soviet Union or the anti-Nazi
Germans in Nazi Germany.

Disclaimer: my grandmother is reported to be German. :-)

---

Dr. Dimitri Vulis