1996-01-29 - Re: The Unintended Consequences of Suppression

Header Data

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
To: Mike Duvos <mpd@netcom.com>
Message Hash: d8cebae95320990a28f5d50e744115943f960a318c8a9f64d97424397466ccf6
Message ID: <Pine.SV4.3.91.960128204852.12961B-100000@larry.infi.net>
Reply To: <199601281959.LAA16755@netcom18.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-29 11:20:59 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 19:20:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Horowitz <alanh@infi.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 1996 19:20:59 +0800
To: Mike Duvos <mpd@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: The Unintended Consequences of Suppression

> This goes beyond
> simple stupidity, and clearly approaches the lobotomy level of
> impaired mental functioning.

    You just don't get it, do you?  Do-gooders like the Wiesenthalistas
don't need to be *right*; they need *a steady stream of cash contributions*

No one had ever heard of Farrakhan, until the ADL starting pumping out
press releases, attacking him by name. But Farrakhan was cleverer than
than Abe Foxman, who makes six figures as the head of ADL; Farrakhan used
the publicity to his financial advantage. Farrakhan now works the college
lecture circuit; even better, he hires sports arenas and fills them up
with lower-middle class blacks who are willing to pay the price of a
ticket, to see Whitey get sassed in public.

"You can say anything you want about me, as long as you spell my name right".

It is a metric of AMerica's wealth, that we have a whole class of
individuals who can make a living by being the interlocutors in political
show biz.

Thread