1996-01-12 - Re: Shimomura on TV?

Header Data

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f042c5abde87ac52fda9ecee839e2679171959b165086a8a24b687c64b211415
Message ID: <199601120146.RAA26258@netcom2.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199601120124.TAA04433@dal1820.computek.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-01-12 17:13:17 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 01:13:17 +0800

Raw message

From: mpd@netcom.com (Mike Duvos)
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 1996 01:13:17 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Shimomura on TV?

> "Working class trash"?  You are starting to sound like slick
> willie..."the problem with this country is the working class" or some
> such nonsense...

While I might put it in a somewhat less insulting manner, the central
thesis here is correct.  Society consists basically of a few percent
of the people who see things one way because of strong ideological
reasons.  This is balanced by another few percent who see things
the exact opposite because of strong ideological reasons.

The remainder of the population generally follows whomever is perceived
to be running things.

Such people may safely be ignored during any revolution, although it
is probably not a bright idea to use terms like "working class trash"
when describing them.

     mpd@netcom.com     $    via Finger.                      $

Thread