1996-02-10 - Re: Tell me whats wrong with this

Header Data

From: avatar@mindspring.com
To: m5@dev.tivoli.com
Message Hash: 07632f43c1be9e07764b6739e0059d5c003ce2ba4d7dbd49ccd967c83c56cf70
Message ID: <199602090054.TAA03816@borg.mindspring.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 01:30:21 +0800

Raw message

From: avatar@mindspring.com
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 01:30:21 +0800
To: m5@dev.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Tell me whats wrong with this

At 05:34 PM 2/8/96 -0600, you wrote:

>avatar@mindspring.com writes:
> > I have a six year old boy I am trying to raise and it is hard
> > enough to teach him respect and values...
>
>What does your six-year-old have to do with my TV?
>
> >         Tell me why parents should not be able to censor their OWN
> > television so that they may raise their children the way THEY see
> > fit
>
>But what about *my* TV?  Why should I be forced to pay for something I
>don't want just because you want it for yourself?  [ Why does this
>seem so obvious?

You probably had no problem with seat belts being manditory eqiupment ,
because they
protected YOU and the people YOU cared about.
You probably had no problem with manditory airbags, public building smoke
alarms, unleaded
fuel, restaurant health codes,etc....Because they protected you and or
people you care about,
even though they cost YOU more money.

> > All I'm saying is it's tough to raise a child these days without the added
> > distortion of modern programing ...
>
>"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."
>
> > ... and parents need not be denied any tool that can help them
> > achieve success.
>
>Oh, OK then.  Parents should be given access to incendiary equipment
>as a tool to destroy the studios that produce offensive material.

It's obvious that you watch a lot television your an excellent sensationalist.
Besides, we both no that the cost of the chip is insignificant. This device
hurts no one!
Charles Donald Smith Jr.

||The government  is my shepherd I need not work. It alloweth me to lie
 down on a good job. It leadeth me beside stilled factories. It destroyeth
 my initiative. It leadeth me in the path of a parasite for politics sake. YEA,
 though I walk through the valley of laziness and deficet spending I shall
 fear no evil, for the government is with me. It prepareth an economic utopia
 for me by appropriating the earnings of my grandchildren. It filleth my head
 with false security. My inefficiency runeth over. Surely, the government
should care for me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in a fools paradise
forever.................AMEN!   || nuke'm if ya got'em||

Thread