1996-02-19 - Re: Remailers not heard from; info?

Header Data

From: dmandl@panix.com (David Mandl)
To: Bruce Baugh <bruce@aracnet.com>
Message Hash: 17b5d9ae5e5eb487d93bd078d505b67b21298d49684ee249cd7a63120efd7f5e
Message ID: <v01530500ad4e8ad00b96@[166.84.250.21]>
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 05:30:52 +0800

Raw message

From: dmandl@panix.com (David Mandl)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 1996 05:30:52 +0800
To: Bruce Baugh <bruce@aracnet.com>
Subject: Re: Remailers not heard from; info?

At 11:17 AM 2/19/96, Bruce Baugh wrote:
>And as long as I'm asking questions :-), I see that some remailers
>(hfinney@shell.portal.com, hal@alumni.caltech.edu, homer@rahul.net) preserve
>subject lines while others do not. Is this a readily settable option? If so,
>I'd like to commend it to other remailer operators.

Even more important, I believe that many (most?) remailers still leave
signatures in by default.  This is extremely dangerous, and inconvenient
too, since some mail programs make you jump through hoops to turn off the
signature feature.  I think it'd be a good idea if ALL remailers omitted
them by default and, if anything, allowed the sender to optionally leave
his or her signature in (though I imagine that'd be a rare request).

I know that there's no sure-fire way to find signatures that aren't
prefixed by, say "--", but that's better than nothing.

   --Dave.

--
Dave Mandl
dmandl@panix.com