1996-02-13 - DEA

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1b6c1ea3e6e33bfb4b41be00d83be6d7982ae412c398b90ca816adb767a78058
Message ID: <199602130154.CAA23267@utopia.hacktic.nl>
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 14:46:23 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 1996 14:46:23 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: DEA

Column by Jim Dykes
in the Knoxville Journal (423-584-9606), 2/8/96.

(...) I had a call the other day.  About the DEA.  Try to keep
all these damn acronyms straight:  DEA is Drug Enforcement
Agency.

Call was from an old cowboy - well, former Air America pilot, to
be more precise, CIA.  (There should be a federal agency to
control us old men better.)

To make a long, long story short, I have some names and phone
numbers of people around the country - Customs, Immigration &
Naturalization, maybe even some DEA, who can discuss rather
interesting money ripoff techniques by DEA agents involving Title
18, Title 21, and Title 19 of the Federal Code.  There was a time
when I would have busted a gut - and a phone budget - trying to
snare some bent government agents.  But, now ...

Let me make it perfectly clear that this old persimmon really
doesn't give a damn.  I am long past being shocked at venality
and corruption in public servants.  But, if anybody wants to be a
hotshot investigative reporter (and run up a helluva phone bill
for his or her employer) just give me a call.  (That lets a lot
of you out, since it would have to be somebody I know and trust.)

Thread