1996-02-10 - Re: CDA; Don’t get mad, get even!

Header Data

From: Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1da0bf8923698b3af57320d3ad58f8156ea83b1116e52660dce78fad18f5f9d8
Message ID: <m268dhcwu5.fsf@miranova.com>
Reply To: <199602082043.MAA02979@netcom20.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-10 19:50:57 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 03:50:57 +0800

Raw message

From: Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 1996 03:50:57 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CDA; Don't get mad, get even!

cjs> I think that we should make an example of those responsible for the
cjs> CDA. Ignorance is really not an excuse here, because whoever voted for
cjs> for the bill should have known the CDA was attached to it, and should
cjs> have had some idea of what it did.

Things do work both ways.  Fill the web indexers with information on
yes voters to the CDA.

An Altavista search on ``voting record congress'' yields the URL:
	http://www.vote-smart.org/congress/votes/

Pick either House Votes or Senate Votes as appropriate, look for the
Communications category.

If people opposed to the bill were to attach something to their
.signature referring to their wayward congressman, it would make a
dejanews or altavista news search on that congressman's name most
interesting.  As Tim May has pointed out, this stuff will live forever.

A quick small Web page can be set up merely containing text like:

Andrea Seastrand (CA congressional rep, 22nd district)
Dianne Feinstein (CA Senator)
voted yes on the CDA, reward them appropriately in the next election
(Di-Fei will have to wait until 2002 :-( ).

Barbara Boxer (CA Senator)
voted no on the CDA.

Submit the web page via submit-it to as many indexers as possible.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

Thread