1996-02-01 - Re: Unscribe

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: Ewout Meij <cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1e65ba1aa838a53459a6e6f140b0c1f84dac60fc1fe1444aa259c7889fdc991c
Message ID: <ad363bb4070210049d93@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 02:11:47 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 1996 02:11:47 +0800
To: Ewout Meij <cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Unscribe

At 1:34 AM 2/2/96, Ewout Meij wrote:
>unscribe cypherpunks@toad.com
 ^^^^^^^^

>unscribe emeij@pi.net
 ^^^^^^^^

>There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
>what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
>disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and
>inexplicable.

There is a theory which states that the correct way to unsubscribe from
mailing lists is defined by the mailing list charter and principles, and
that sending misspelled "unscribe" messages to the wrong place, and
including "unscribe" messages intended for other lists, is bizarre and
inexplicable.

--TCM

P.S. to Ewout: Send a message to "majordomo@toad.com" with a body message
consisting only of "unsubscribe cypherpunks".

Boycott espionage-enabled software!