1996-02-22 - Re: Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

Header Data

From: IPG Sales <ipgsales@cyberstation.net>
To: “Roy M. Silvernail” <roy@sendai.cybrspc.mn.org>
Message Hash: 288e9ca1028f9e39ebd3ecc6e69a9fd2244becb4e42cecc09d6f1153dd030cc3
Message ID: <Pine.BSD/.3.91.960221145534.3814H-100000@citrine.cyberstation.net>
Reply To: <k634NDvcwapi@sendai.cybrspc.mn.org>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-22 01:50:28 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 09:50:28 +0800

Raw message

From: IPG Sales <ipgsales@cyberstation.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 1996 09:50:28 +0800
To: "Roy M. Silvernail" <roy@sendai.cybrspc.mn.org>
Subject: Re: Internet Privacy Guaranteed ad (POTP Jr.)

I find less and less disagreeement with your comments - with one major
exception - for a given message length - say 10 to the 500th power, a
OTP seeded algorithm, a better term would be to call it an OTP driven
algorithm,  can produce the exact same effect as an OTP of that length -
that is, the encrypted text can be any possible message of that length,
and it is not possible to predict in way what the RNG generated stream
is -

We can prove that to your or anyone eleses satisfaction -
It obviously fails to do that somewhat short of infinity, but not short of
what is  needed to prove system integrity for practical limits. If all
the paricles in the Universe, 10 to the 80th, were Cray T3Es, and they
had been calculating since the big bang, according to my rough
calculations, it would still take over 10 to the 370th power years to
just generate the message possibilities -for a 10 to the 500th power
message length possibilities - we assert that if it can do that, and it
can, it functions like a OTP of that length - and is unbreakable

We also have a light, but only a slight disagreement, about whether the
the key is truly symmetrical - we assert that because of the aprticlaur
data feedback system employed it is not symmetrical, but that is entirely
beside the point, we believe 10 to the 500th, or whatever should be
sufficient

Appreciatively,

Ralph

Thread