1996-02-28 - Re: Internet shutdown Feb 29?

Header Data

From: Kevin L Prigge <Kevin.L.Prigge-2@tc.umn.edu>
To: wlkngowl@unix.asb.com (Mutant Rob)
Message Hash: 29f7c5ba49e50a199bcfe9d75f4a74d5e23d525b61a7efd687507df9d1f8f01c
Message ID: <3134629847e9002@noc.cis.umn.edu>
Reply To: <199602280455.XAA21627@bb.hks.net>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-28 14:35:17 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:35:17 +0800

Raw message

From: Kevin L Prigge <Kevin.L.Prigge-2@tc.umn.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:35:17 +0800
To: wlkngowl@unix.asb.com (Mutant Rob)
Subject: Re: Internet shutdown Feb 29?

A few months back, some winos took most of Minnesota off the net
for a couple days. Upset with being kicked out from under a bridge,
they started a fire that took out the main fiber cable from
downtown to MRNet + the U of M. Backup? Due to a mistake at a CO,
the backup link was routed thru the same area, and was also burned.
Interesting scrambling as nameservers puked and died.

--
Kevin L. Prigge         | "You can always spot a well informed man -
University of Minnesota |  his views are the same as yours."

Thread