1996-02-22 - No Subject

Header Data

From: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com
To: N/A
Message Hash: 45e833c4b1b2727079a6f07b3f3898379434013a0977c47185c99e63ccd9ff0c
Message ID: <QQadzy29932.199602221143@relay3.UU.NET>
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 02:31:04 +0800

Raw message

From: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 1996 02:31:04 +0800
Subject: No Subject

At 11:53 PM 2/21/96, Adam philipp wrote:

>   Don't forget to bring your public key fingerprint (and two forms of ID).
>If you can figure out how to get a PGP fingerprint on the back of a business
>card, that would be cool.

This is an unusual development, asking for "two forms of ID." If I attend,
can I use the "May Company" ID card I had printed up, or are only State of
California and El Cajon Public Library cards accepted?

We've had several key-signings in the Bay Area, and at none of the ones
I've seen has there been any demand for "two forms of ID." In fact, I
understand that some of the keys signed were for people whose nom de list
differs from what Sacramento knows them by. Lucky Green might want to
comment.

This gets back to the familiar issue of what it is a name credential really
means, and whether we care.

--Tim May, the name I use for this list

Boycott espionage-enabled software!