1996-02-10 - just repeating

Header Data

From: “Perry E. Metzger” <perry@piermont.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5cd3a08289c4fdbd6e733ebd148078c4d99900123bff0ce2b7c58eb302bcae8b
Message ID: <199602090312.WAA10037@jekyll.piermont.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 11:26:45 +0800

Raw message

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@piermont.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 11:26:45 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: just repeating

my "robot" message here, I just want to say yet again that Ed Carp was
the one who forward it to cypherpunks. The mail headers in the
message, which I reproduce below, make this obvious.  The mail went
from me to Carp, with appropriate "for" portions of the Received:
headers indicating that the mail was destined for him, and somehow
mysteriously moved from Carp's machine to toad.com -- the only
possible source being Ed forwarding the thing since his name was all
over the previous hops. Don't blame me, folks.

Now, can we get back to cryptography?  Pretty-please?

Perry

To: ecarp@netcom.com
From: "Perry's Mail Filter" <perry@piermont.com>
Subject: In Re: Re: Reasons in support of crypto-anarchy WAS Re: Why am I (fwd)
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 1996 14:35:10 -0500
Sender: owner-cypherpunks@toad.com

I am sorry, but your message with the Subject:

	Re: Reasons in support of crypto-anarchy WAS Re: Why am I (fwd)

was rejected by Perry Metzger's mail filter and will not be read by
him. This is likely because Perry decided to place you on his reject
list. Perry tends to clean out his filter lists every six months, so
you may be able to send him electronic mail again sometime in the
future.

If you absolutely need to contact Perry, please use means other than
electronic mail, or ask a third party to contact him on your behalf.

You will not receive further copies of this notice.

Perry's Mail Filter

Thread