1996-02-17 - Re: Some thoughts on the Chinese Net

Header Data

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 706e29b13553ba72d784462553878e02b557d09f5d4f4684e154a10f390d9efc
Message ID: <ad4ab60208021004649b@[205.199.118.202]>
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 06:50:58 +0800

Raw message

From: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 06:50:58 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the Chinese Net

At 6:00 PM 2/15/96, Carl Ellison wrote:
>At 12:31 2/15/96, Jon Lasser wrote:
>>How would packets coming into the country be marked / passed on?
>
>Presumably, you'd need a Chinese-approved identity key in order to get
>packets into the country.

Chinese web surfers are tracked by a special "cookie," a la the Netscape
cookie, but with special features. The "Chinese fortune cookie."

(The crypto block managers open your cookies and tell you your fortune.)

Packets are laundered, of course, in a Chinese packet laundry.

Fat Fong say man who write in code get run over by tank.

--Tim May

[This Bible excerpt awaiting review under the Communications Decency Act]
And then Lot said, "I have some mighty fine young virgin daughters. Why
don't you boys just come on in and fuck them right here in my house - I'll just
watch!"....Later, up in the mountains, the younger daughter said. "Dad's
getting old. I say we should fuck him." So the two daughters got him drunk and
screwed him all that night. Sure enough, Dad got them pregnant....Onan really
hated the idea of doing his brother's wife and getting her pregnant while
his brother got all the credit, so he pulled out before he
came....Remember, it's not a good idea to have sex with your sister, your
brother, your parents,
your pet dog, or the farm animals, unless God tells you to. [excerpts from
the Old Testament, Modern Vernacular Translation, TCM, 1996]

Thread