1996-02-17 - RE: Some thoughts on the Chinese Net

Header Data

From: tallpaul@pipeline.com (tallpaul)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 76ee99aa68bce1b5678df4850a8c951eed8b4cad0780352a7e26b15ea2b14c2e
Message ID: <199602171820.NAA12476@pipe11.nyc.pipeline.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 03:01:30 +0800

Raw message

From: tallpaul@pipeline.com (tallpaul)
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 03:01:30 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: Some thoughts on the Chinese Net

On Feb 15, 1996 15:17:51, '"Robichaux, Paul E" <perobich@ingr.com>' wrote:

>Now that all information has a recognizable source, dissidents in China
>can be arrested, and unacceptable information never makes it into the
>country.
>
>Registering IP addresses of course won't block out thoughtcrime
originating
>outside China, but unless everyone else adopts the packet signing scheme
you
>outline the censors will still have to filter incoming material
>semi-manually. As far as I can tell their government is at least as
>interested in keeping things in as they are keeping out the Four Horsemen.

Assuming this system is estabished, then we would want to modify our
remailers to strip IP packet information as well as normal header, no?

--tallpaul

Thread