1996-02-11 - STRANGE SOUNDS OF SI

Header Data

From: kevin.berry@chrysalis.org
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7acae1a0e23de2912599d8f6da9802869b3f5ee22a2a1b88a56d51cad5c013eb
Message ID: <9602111604.0ML4D03@chrysalis.org>
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 06:34:07 +0800

Raw message

From: kevin.berry@chrysalis.org
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 06:34:07 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: STRANGE SOUNDS OF SI

 * Carbons sent to: Ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu

CC: cypherpunks@toad.com
-=> Quoting Ses@tipper.oit.unc.edu to Kevin Berry <=-

 > The Strange Sounds of Silence
 >
 > Has anyone else out there noticed the strange sounds of silence
 > emmanating from the american print and broadcast media concerning the
 > rider attached to the Telecommunications Act recently signed by
 > President Clinton known as the CDA (Communications Decency Act)?
 >

 Se> Are you sure? The coverage has been wall to wall out here (Bay area);
 Se> front page above the fold, business pages, computer columns,
 Se> editorials  and editorial cartoons. Apparently it's the same level of
 Se> coverage back  in the RTP.

 Se> What part of the country are you in? I guess the coverage is different
 Se> in the major geek zones like the bay area and RTP

I know that in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area, there has been no coverage
whatsoever.

[Using PGPWave 1.22a Beta. This message written on 2/11/1996 at 14:34:56.]

... If it works, rip it apart and find out why!
___ Blue Wave/DOS v2.21 [NR]

Thread