1996-02-17 - Re: Ben T. Moore “Mr. Anonymous”

Header Data

From: btmoore@iquest.net (Benjamin T. Moore)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 80056b3dfb1f0c7596f6866826062258a269aa0f7c2e10baa29b4fa75e5038ff
Message ID: <m0tng5p-004XHRC@iquest.net>
Raw Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 15:01:29 +0800

Raw message

From: btmoore@iquest.net (Benjamin T. Moore)
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 1996 15:01:29 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Ben T. Moore "Mr. Anonymous"

At 09:33 PM 2/14/96 -0800, hochiminh@alpha.c2.org wrote:
><<<<Quoting Ben T. "Mr. Anonymous" Moore to Karl>>>>

                                           ***** SNIP *****
                                 (Much deleted for brevity)

>Well, Mr. Anonymous, let's see how well YOU have used your own advice.  With
>just a little effort using WEB search engines available to everyone on the net I
>have found the following:
>
>Yes you have no credit history, at least not a positive history and you have no bank
>account.  However, these "accomplishments" were not the result of your "goal" to be "invisible to the system".  You have a credit history, a VERY poor one.  This and the fact that you have no bank account stems from the fact that you are a deadbeat not some cyber-hero looking to "drop-out" of the system.  You are approximately $13,000.00 behind in child support.  In fact a search of the records available to the general public reveals you were recently arrested for failure to pay child support.  A fund rasing campaign was instituted in several USENET and FIDONET newsgroups to raise your bail when your attorney-employer abandoned you in jail.  In fact you have been arrested several times in the last 12 months for some rather abberant behavior.

Ok I'll respond to this first paragraph:

As I said in my privious post. I have *NO* credit history! I don't know who you ran
but whoever it was... it wasn't me. As for having poor credit, when I did have a
credit history, it was quite good... New car and house, never late on a payment.
I've *NEVER* been arrested! So I don't have a police record either! I don't have
any kids... So what you've said is specious as regards myself... EVIDENTLY, MY
SYSTEM WORKS PRETTY WELL! Wouldn't you say? :-)

>Let me list the things I have been able to find out about you:
>
>1) You are an African-American Male, age 36.

Nope... I'm an American of African and Native American descent. I'm a bit older
than 36...

>2) You live in Indianapolis, Indiana.

I do not live in Indianapolis, Indiana

>3) You are the on-again off-again bodyguard for Militia-Patriot attorney Ms. Linda         Thompson and was with her when she was arrested (again)12-23-95.

I am not Ms. Thompson's bodyguard... I'm in another line of work entirely. :-)

>4) You were arrested for attempting to smuggle weapons (bullets?) into the Indianapolis     County Jail 07-22-95.

Not true... Don't know who you ran but it obviously wasn't me...

>5) You are about 6'4" tall and weigh 260#.

I'm flattered! Wish I was 6'4" and I definitely don't weigh 260#

>6) You also use the IRC name "Shaka".

I am on IRC... which is a good guess, but I've never used the moniker "Shaka."

>7)  You are a deabeat dad being $13,000.00 in arrears in child support.

Don't have kids... you figure it!

>8)  You recovered some property for Ms. Thompson and filed a Police Report
>     # 9531780A.

Again, wrong person!

>9)  You wrote a letter to the editor in the Indianapolis Post Spotlight lamenting you "child      support" woes.  Pathetic, very pathetic.

Called Indianapolis, The don't have a newspaper called the Post... Again Not me.

>So while you are off being a cool anonymous dude the rest of us are paying for the AFDC you ex-wife has to use to feed the kids.  How do you justify an internet account while being $13,000.00 in arrears on child support?  You are a disgrace to your race, the Militia-Patriot movement and men in general.

You wouldn't perchance be a bigoted law enforcement officer would you?
I understand there are plenty in the Indianpolis area... :-)

>BTM> I just have never felt warm and fuzzy knowing that any government agency,
>BTM> business, or whoever can get my personal information off a computer could come
>BTM> knock on my door some dark night. If you're interested in fortifying your privacy,
>BTM> I can give you a few pointers.
>
>BTM> 1.) Go to your local DMV and inform them you've had a change of address. I
>BTM>      selected a high rise apartment building with 15 floors and selected an address
>BTM>      on a non-existant 23rd floor. Getting your Driver's License address changed
>BTM>      should cost less than $10.00.

This is a violation of Indiana Code but breaking the law is of no concern to you, huh?

As I don't live in Indianapolis... that's really of no concern of mine...

>BTM> 2.) Go find a company like "Mail Boxes Etc." and rent a mailbox. The cost is
>BTM>      nominal compared to the added privacy and security. The distinction between
>BTM>      a mailbox and a Post Office Box is with a mailbox you have an actual street
>BTM>      address. You can receive deliveries from UPS and Federal Express at a
>BTM>      mailbox. You can't at a P.O. Box.
>
>BTM> 3.) This part requires some skill... befriending a graphic artist is a good idea for
>BTM>      this one. But what you need is a phony work identification.  Pick a name! A
>BTM>      couple of "Pass Port Photos" and some lamination and you're good to go.
>
>This is a violation of Indiana and Federal Laws depending on how they are used.

How they are used? I'm specificaly telling you how to use them! Obviously you
are a plant and a spy in this mailing list for the government! It is people of your
ilk we want, need and demand protection from!

>BTM> 4.) Take your new persona down to your local utility companies and get the serv-
>BTM>      ice switched to the name of your new persona. Even get your phone switched
>BTM>      and have the number non-published. You'll be pleasantly surprised from now
>BTM>      on, everytime your phone rings, it will be someone you really want to talk to.
>
>Another violation of Indiana Code

Given the fact you ran the wrong person... my system must work extremely well!
You're just the nefarious type my system is designed to circumvent! Better luck
next time!

        Benjamin T. Moore
        (btmoore@iquest.net)

Thread