1996-02-08 - Re: Electronic Grille Cipher?

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: WlkngOwl@UNiX.asb.com
Message Hash: 912c577ea7707758eea4d632d4def9b71ade373efdcc83d6fee39ca95297cedf
Message ID: <01I0XYMD1VIOA0UX5L@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 09:10:18 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 1996 09:10:18 +0800
To: WlkngOwl@UNiX.asb.com
Subject: Re: Electronic Grille Cipher?

From:	IN%"WlkngOwl@UNiX.asb.com"  "Deranged Mutant"  6-FEB-1996 23:44:39.08

>> 	I had a similar idea a bit back, and Lewis/Futplex kindly referred me
> to some parts of the Archives discussing it. However, the main objection to

What part of the archives?
----------------
	Good question. I looked then wiped the information (the word processor
I use to take notes has a limited amount of memory). Lewis?
----------------

>That's a good solution.  Another idea might be to stego the
accounting info (real info ;) inside one of pictures using a similar
method.... in some ways this method is better suited for stego since
it becomes lunacy for the cops to insist that every picture or
audiofile  you have has something or many things hidden... (unless
they've been watching you and know you keep accessing your jodi
foster pix after a client visits you...)
	Yes, although that also increases the diffficulty involved and the
space required (like using my highly-multiple-messages idea). I can see both
methods having their points. However, you'd still need to have _some_ pictures
that had info that you were willing to release, otherwise they'd just find the
stego program and convince a judge that you were lying and defying the search
warrant/court order when you claimed you hadn't used it.
	-Allen

Thread