1996-02-05 - No Subject

Header Data

From: karl.ike@sihope.com (Karl Ike)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 92a7ec19417c9e83c242e1244066eca4127ba96c6d0acdbbdad8a6724de00e09
Message ID: <199602050558.XAA17819@unix1.sihope.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 00:23:01 +0800

Raw message

From: karl.ike@sihope.com (Karl Ike)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 00:23:01 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

It is impossible to get changes in the Fair Credit Reporting Act in the
traditional way. Credit reporting agencies have far too much personal
information that is passed out with incrediable ease at the consumers expense.

I have a suggestion!

Today, with TRW, Equifax and TransUnion's vast network, it is easy to obtain
anyone's credit report from various sources. Do you think if someone,
outside of the USA, obtained the credit reports on half, maybe all, of the
US Senators, congressmen, judges, etc, and published them in their entirity,
on the internet, from outside the US, would get their attention? Then there
would be changes, overnight, protecting the right of privacy! Let them
become the victim of credit reporting agencies once and shit will happen
overnight.

If someone who is not a US citizen does this from outside the US, I don't
think that they can be held accountable under US law? I am new to the
internet and don't have a clue how to do it, but someone out there does and
probably has a friend in Bankok that will help him. Put the word out!

Thread