1996-02-05 - Re: A Sign of the Future

Header Data

From: Steven Levy <steven@echonyc.com>
To: Alex Strasheim <cp@proust.suba.com>
Message Hash: a07bb060f6e273961a6f41f092d173009b6e6ee1c214dd45746f969ec837e856
Message ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.960205105408.18342B-100000@echonyc.com>
Reply To: <199602050625.AAA00118@proust.suba.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-05 16:39:51 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 00:39:51 +0800

Raw message

From: Steven Levy <steven@echonyc.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 1996 00:39:51 +0800
To: Alex Strasheim <cp@proust.suba.com>
Subject: Re: A Sign of the Future

Give me a break.  I do not work for Wired but I write for them at times,
and most often my subject is crypto related. I can tell you for a fact
that there is no anti-cypherpunk policy there. I have a long article that
deals in part with cypherpunk-related cryptanlysis in the March issue and
I was, as is always the case, left to make my own editorial judgement.

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, Alex Strasheim wrote:

> >     Concerns about privacy and anonymity are outdated. Cypherpunks
> >     think they are rebels with a cause, but they are really senti-
> >     mentalists.
>
> I'm not much for big conspiracy theories, but I like the little ones.
>
> If this was really in Wired, do you think it was written before or after
> Tim dissed that magazine here?

Thread