1996-02-28 - Re: “Physical Reality”

Header Data

From: jamesd@echeque.com
To: frissell@panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
Message Hash: a3793b5d8b8dabf2444a72a1fd8bdff3673d2bd98d79e0eb143ca8bcaf8cb68e
Message ID: <199602280801.AAA08840@mail1.best.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:31:22 +0800

Raw message

From: jamesd@echeque.com
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 1996 22:31:22 +0800
To: frissell@panix.com (Duncan Frissell)
Subject: Re: "Physical Reality"

At 08:41 AM 2/28/96 +1100, Mark wrote:
> the bad boys are the
> criminals, the song is about what will you do when the cops come for you.
> The cops are not the "bad boys" in the song. Trust me.

Clearly, one of the purposes of the show "Cops" is to intimidate.  Even
though the police have total editorial control they often show thuggish
and perhaps illegal behavior.  (though they also sometimes show cops
displaying hard to believe forbearance)

Since the show is, in part, intimidatory, it seems reasonable to suppose
that the cops are the bad boys who are going to come for you.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   jamesd@echeque.com

Thread