1996-02-10 - Re: [NOISE] #/%age of CDA-blackened sites

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a7ad090e38728201b6a8a7ec6ecb8d4ee326a486308e8a61f32013b013b6937e
Message ID: <199602100357.TAA22317@ix10.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Feb 96 18:29:00 PST

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 96 18:29:00 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [NOISE] #/%age of CDA-blackened sites

>Sorry to post this question here, but I know of no other group with
>folks who would know. Have any of the "spiders" such as Alta Vista
>been sent to see just how many US sites have been blackened in the
>protest? The approximate number and percentage of US sites blackened
>might be interesting. In my limited surfing, I have been gratified
>to see the _widespread_ response -- but I am not the typical user.

I don't think it's updated enough things recently (or else it only indexes
the contents of a page and not the header details in the <BODY> statement.)
For instance, BGCOLOR="#000000" had 197 hits, but most of them were old,
and on topics like "How to set the background colors on your web page",
and NO documents matched both BGCOLOR="#000000" and vtw.
#--
#				Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, stewarts@ix.netcom.com / billstewart@attmail.com +1-415-442-2215
# http://www.idiom.com/~wcs