1996-02-16 - Selling-Candy[TM] Politics

Header Data

From: tbyfield@panix.com (t byfield)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b8530eb1b81532ba7463e25df9d645e5db0850ebc5f28db020dc869392576a32
Message ID: <v02120d02ad4974073c7f@DialupEudora>
Raw Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 22:46:50 +0800

Raw message

From: tbyfield@panix.com (t byfield)
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 22:46:50 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Selling-Candy[TM] Politics

At 2:18 PM 2/15/96, Bill Frantz wrote:

>My purpose on this thread is to examine the limits of Jim Bell's idea of
>Assassination Politics.  My ground rules are to assume that it is a natural
>outgrowth of the technologies of anonymous cash and anonymous remailers.

        It's a natural outgrowth of Jim Bell's noggin, more like. It has
nothing per se to do with anonymous remailers _or_ anonymous cash _or_
double blinding _or_ anything else of much interest to anyone on this list
except for a few overheated zealots: you could describe any economic
activity you want--including selling candy to children or paying big
meanies to steal it from them--with precisely the same protocols. KILL THIS
THREAD, NOT POLITICIANS.

Thread