1996-02-10 - Re: What is really happening in Oregon

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: be511a8a4f3ca147eab4a270baa6a848c5ab242373bf76ec9ed68eb7d8de8fb8
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960210022427.00902720@mail.teleport.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 16:57:41 +0800

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alano@teleport.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 1996 16:57:41 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: What is really happening in Oregon

At 04:29 PM 2/9/96 -0800, Joe Zychik wrote:
>Excerpted from today's Zychik Chronicle
>
>The Los Angeles Times writes: "rivers raged through Oregon" [should say
>"Oregon taxpayers sunk by Oregon government"]. "the regions worst flooding
>in three decades" [should say, "State of Oregon has been wasting tax payer
>money for 30 years"]. "At least 3 deaths were attributed to the flooding
>[should say, "State of Oregon kills 3 more innocent citizens"]. "13 counties
>were declared a disaster area [should say, "State of Oregon has been
>screwing these 13 counties especially"] "And the worst is yet to come" [the
>citizens will blame the weather]. "Rats by the hundreds started crawling out
>of Portland's sewers" [should say, "The parents of Oregon's politicians and
>bureaucrats came forward."]

You need to cut back on your medication (or increase it).  The water damage
in oregon has little to do with the action or inaction of government.  It
has much more to do with a strange set of weather patterns in Oregon.
(Mainly a whole lot of snow and ice followed by heavy rains.)

Right now the weather here is just creating lots of land slides and
flooding.  The worst seems over for now.  Time to wait for the water to
recede and then clean up the mess.  How this can be blamed on the Oregon
State government is beyond me...

What it has do do with Cypherpunks, I have no idea...  (Not even much of a
conspiracy there.)

Sounds like someone just wnats to rant.
---
Alan Olsen -- alano@teleport.com -- Contract Web Design & Instruction
        `finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key
                http://www.teleport.com/~alano/
  "We had to destroy the Internet in order to save it." - Sen. Exon
"I, Caligula Clinton... In the name of the Senate and the people of Rome!"
   - Bill Clinton signing the CDA with the First Amendment bent over.

Thread