1996-02-08 - Tell me whats wrong with this

Header Data

From: m5@dev.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
To: avatar@mindspring.com
Message Hash: c151fd3b13c5f90889201921fc9e02137fb6bc23323ffc6a710487f145c08151
Message ID: <9602082334.AA03581@alpha>
Reply To: <199602082209.RAA17085@borg.mindspring.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-08 23:58:50 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 07:58:50 +0800

Raw message

From: m5@dev.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 1996 07:58:50 +0800
To: avatar@mindspring.com
Subject: Tell me whats wrong with this

avatar@mindspring.com writes:
 > I have a six year old boy I am trying to raise and it is hard
 > enough to teach him respect and values...

What does your six-year-old have to do with my TV?

 >         Tell me why parents should not be able to censor their OWN
 > television so that they may raise their children the way THEY see
 > fit

But what about *my* TV?  Why should I be forced to pay for something I
don't want just because you want it for yourself?  [ Why does this
seem so obvious? ]

 > All I'm saying is it's tough to raise a child these days without the added
 > distortion of modern programing ...

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

 > ... and parents need not be denied any tool that can help them
 > achieve success.

Oh, OK then.  Parents should be given access to incendiary equipment
as a tool to destroy the studios that produce offensive material.

Parents should be given guns and ammunition with which to kill anybody
that gets in the way of their success at raising their children.

Parents should be given unlimited amounts of cash so that they will be
able to achieve success in raising their children.

Give me a break.

Mike M Nally * Tiv^H^H^H IBM * Austin TX    * I want more, I want more,
       m5@tivoli.com * m101@io.com          * I want more, I want more ...

Thread