1996-02-15 - Re: CyberAngels

Header Data

From: “E. ALLEN SMITH” <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
To: joseph@genome.wi.mit.edu
Message Hash: d2b507058100015814d40b286b62b4e1fc12c825f88cd87004a4fd5de2b2771e
Message ID: <01I161QL751CA0UXAU@mbcl.rutgers.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:32:10 +0800

Raw message

From: "E. ALLEN SMITH" <EALLENSMITH@ocelot.Rutgers.EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 14:32:10 +0800
To: joseph@genome.wi.mit.edu
Subject: Re:  CyberAngels

From:	IN%"joseph@genome.wi.mit.edu" 13-FEB-1996 02:57:56.92

>I agree with allen, about the issues of 'nym. But looking at other aspects
>of these cyberangels I'm unsure how to feel. On one hand they seem resonable,
>protecting only the children. "Acts bewteen consenting adults are okay" say
>they. But the protect the children was what the CDA hid under.

	The 'CyberAngels' are rather like the CDA in that they keep using
child pornography as a red herring to avoid talking about everything else they
want to do. I will not be surprised if they wind up being informants for the
CDA.
	The following CuDigest issues may shed some light on the issue.
Both I and tallpaul have done some responding to them, incidentally.
(In all of these, http://www.soci.niu.edu/~cudigest/ should be put in
front of the web addresses.):

Vol 7, Issue 86: CUDS7/cud786
Vol 7, Issue 87: CUDS7/cud787
Vol 7, Issue 91: CUDS7/cud791
Vol 7, Issue 93: CUDS7/cud793
	(I will note that the relevant article contains an inaccuracy on
bestiality, claiming that it is illegal in all states. This is not the case, as
some later CuDigests explain.)

Vol 7, Issue 94: CUDS7/cud794
Vol 8, Issue 4: CUDS7/cud804
Vol 8, Issue 6: CUDS8/cud806
	(I would appreciate some responses explaining the difference between
an anonymous remailer and methods for mailbombing using forgeries - "Gabriel"
does not seem to understand this.

Vol 8, Issue 13: CUDS8/cud813

	-Allen

Thread