1996-02-02 - Psion organisers

Header Data

From: Dave Roberts <djr@saa-cons.co.uk>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e0550e49fe5902b53656d3826648c3a036d5786d5092d6a7f61fc412652eb6a8
Message ID: <Pine.A32.3.91.960202174152.6243A-100000@haddock.saa-cons.co.uk>
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 02:20:47 +0800

Raw message

From: Dave Roberts <djr@saa-cons.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 02:20:47 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Psion organisers

I was wondering about a couple of things regarding the Psion Series 3a
personal organisers.  (According to the manual, you have them in the USA
as well! :)

Firstly, anyone know what kind of encryption is done on documents and
spreadsheets held on it's internal disk?   It only allows a 10 character
password, and claims to encrypt the whole file.

Secondly, I presume that as the encryption software is apparently
embedded into the system (ie cannot be extracted), I won't get arrested
when I wander through US customs next time.

TIA - Dave.

Dave Roberts        | "Surfing the Internet" is a sad term for sad people.
Unix Systems Admin  | Get a board, find a beach, surf some REAL waves and
SAA Consultants Ltd | get a *real* life.
Plymouth, U.K.      | -=[For PGP Key, send mail with subject of "get pgp"]=-

Thread