1996-02-03 - Re: Imminent Death of Usenet Predicted

Header Data

From: tbyfield@panix.com (t byfield)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e1932e94fe69a041c9fd413639dab1ed82053a2685688ae7768cd6520c98fd6a
Message ID: <v02120d01ad387c424334@DialupEudora>
Raw Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 16:59:35 +0800

Raw message

From: tbyfield@panix.com (t byfield)
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 1996 16:59:35 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Imminent Death of Usenet Predicted

At 1:18 AM 2/3/96, Dave Mandl wrote:

>As I and others have been saying for a while: what's happening on the net
>is another "enclosures" movement.  Yes, I know that on this list that's a
>politically incorrect view.  Deal with it.

        "Politically incorrect" on this list? What's gotten into you, Dave?
Really! PCism is what all those goddamn Tax-n-Spend Leftist Liberals
do--you know, like the ones in the _Life of Brian_. Folks here would never
engage in _any_ kind of PCism. I'm shocked, shocked...
        Don't you get it? Nation-states are going to collapse Real Soon Now
(after all, their Imminent Death has been Predicted), and the Markets,
guided by an irresistably beckoning Invisible Hand, will Rise Up against
their Tyrannous Masters and be guided out of State Space into
Crypto-Anarchy[T{C}M], the land of milk and honey. And everyone who's
positioned themselves shrewdly--as your friend no doubt has--will prosper.
No problem!
        Tell your friend she has _nothing_ to worry about. In a few months,
she'll look back and laugh.

--Victor! von Kredulous-am-Kapitalismus

Visit Pere Lachaise!
We got majordomos, we're typing on phone lines, it's Realpolitik Lite & Fun 2!
Nostradamus F. Xavier          | Clipto-nemesis: privatization, tons of $$$,
victor@get.not   212-255-2748  | end of history, optimistic tax deductions,
G.A.D.D.I.S.: Nag Hammadi, EG  | C-corps, lecture circuits, insider trading,
Higher power: "What me worry?" | carpal tunnel syndrome, other cool stuff.
"Sleeping policemen are national borders on the Information Soapbox Derby."

Thread