1996-02-18 - Monthly Remailer Perfs, Prelims

Header Data

From: Bruce Baugh <bruce@aracnet.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e2081ba50be4d23aabe3c1e163711120510efa4507ccb2b1e4f41a84ef3bc9d6
Message ID: <2.2.32.19960218125834.0067933c@mail.aracnet.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 21:15:43 +0800

Raw message

From: Bruce Baugh <bruce@aracnet.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 1996 21:15:43 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Monthly Remailer Perfs, Prelims

I'm in the process of running what I guess will be my monthly series of
remailer tests, where I send posts through a given remailer to a nym at c2
and then back through the remailer to me. While it'll be most of a week
before I'm done, some preliminary observations.

- armadillo and hroller are sorely missed.

- remailer@valhalla.phoenix.net is, so I'm told, not a valid address. And I
get a failure to find the host name at wmono@spook.alias.net. Anyone want to
shed light on this?

- performance is noticeably slower throughout. In January I routinely got
messages back in five to ten minutes. Now the shortest round trip is about
fifty minutes. Is the load on the remailers that much higher, or are other
factors at work?

--
Bruce Baugh
bruce@aracnet.com