1996-02-16 - Religious Right and CDA

Header Data

From: Thomas Grant Edwards <tedwards@Glue.umd.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f9f4f0ea9a52870ee7f9bf989a9db72dfdbdaa29d3f07fa4d1b06dcf34e719f3
Message ID: <Pine.SUN.3.91.960215171827.16003B-100000@hertz.isr.umd.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 17:39:54 +0800

Raw message

From: Thomas Grant Edwards <tedwards@Glue.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 17:39:54 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Religious Right and CDA

Please see http://www.cdt.org/policy/freespeech/cc_ltr.html for a letter
from Ed Meese, Ralph Reed, Donald E. Wildmon, and others which actually
suggests language in the CDA.

"Attached is the specific language we support which includes the House
passed language on obscenity and includes revisions on both the House
passed language on indecency, which would amend Title 18 and the
Senate-passed language on indecency, which would amend Title 47. The
combination of these provisions, we believe, would provide effective laws
to curb obscenity and indecency on the Internet by establishing that all
who knowingly participate in the distribution or facilitation of obscenity
to anyone or indecency to children would be subject to the law."

-Thomas

Thread