1996-02-24 - Re: Cluelessness V.S. Lack of Knowledge

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
To: alano@teleport.com (Alan Olsen)
Message Hash: fa99f885400d50accf544c17314a2e8b5e5597351bb730370398278cf21a9cd0
Message ID: <199602242053.PAA19914@homeport.org>
Reply To: <2.2.32.19960223212901.00899578@mail.teleport.com>
UTC Datetime: 1996-02-24 21:29:58 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 05:29:58 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@lighthouse.homeport.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 1996 05:29:58 +0800
To: alano@teleport.com (Alan Olsen)
Subject: Re: Cluelessness V.S. Lack of Knowledge

	If someone shows up, having read the sci.crypt FAQ and/or
Applied Cryptography, I think that their questions will be answered
without flames.  But if people fail to read whats out there, and want
to be spoon fed, well, thats another matter.

Adam

Alan Olsen wrote:

| I know of one developer who is trying to implement a strong
| cryptosystem in his app.  He is unwilling to post his
| questions/concerns here because he is afraid of getting his ass
| shot off on the first query.  Judging by some of the responses
| I have seen, I do not blame him!  I can understand intolerance
| of the sales droids who push crap.  I do not have much
| tolerance for them either.  It bothers me when I see people who
| are not experts in the field AND ARE TRYING TO LEARN getting
| "blowed up real good" because they are not experts.

					               -Hume

Thread