1996-02-26 - Re: “Internet Security: Your Worst Nightmare”

Header Data

From: an44880@anon.penet.fi
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fac347cefc43aae3403aaccde2261003332ca156ade7f444f38f142432d6c499
Message ID: <9602261133.AA11281@anon.penet.fi>
Raw Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 19:53:21 +0800

Raw message

From: an44880@anon.penet.fi
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 19:53:21 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: "Internet Security: Your Worst Nightmare"

  tcmay@got.net writes:
   >> Complete with a picture of Freeman standing in front of an American
   >> flag.
   >
   > I haven't seen this article, but I wouldn't hold the cover photo
   > of Freeman draped in the flag against him....I seem to recall a
   > few Cypherpunks similarly draped in the flag in a magazine
   > article!

Yes, but isn't there a fundamental difference here? Cypherpunks are
pushing for the spread of encryption to enhance our personal
freedom. But when the FBI says that "the real solution is through
better technologies such as encryption," they fail to mention that
they wish to restrict personal freedom through such things as
GAK. This is why it is so ironic that he is draped in the flag. "It's
the FBI: crusaders in defense of the first amendment!"

--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--***ATTENTION***
Your e-mail reply to this message WILL be *automatically* ANONYMIZED.
Please, report inappropriate use to                abuse@anon.penet.fi
For information (incl. non-anon reply) write to    help@anon.penet.fi
If you have any problems, address them to          admin@anon.penet.fi

Thread