1996-03-07 - Re: Bombings, Surveillance, and Free Societies

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: 153321ade1dabe1daf783f154981e67b9d183c53e03aad4ddae3a41d509136ef
Message ID: <199603060542.VAA28879@ix9.ix.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 22:26:22 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 1996 22:26:22 +0800
To: tcmay@got.net (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: Bombings, Surveillance, and Free Societies

At 07:41 PM 3/4/96 -0800, Tim wrote:

>Let me use the language Bill Stewart used a while back, language which
>skirts the issue of "right" and "wrong" even more neatly than I did (when I
>said the Jews were "asking for trouble"):
>
>"If a religious group uses force to expel the current occupants of a desert
>region, and expels them to just beyond their borders, it is "unsurprising"
>that those expelled, and their children, and their children's children,
>will swear a blood oath to drive the group into the sea."

That wasn't me, though I've said similar things about terrorism against
governments - those that go out of their way to attack and harass people
shouldn't be surprised when people attack them in return.

Thread