1996-03-13 - CD-reading for random keys

Header Data

From: knapper@bga.com (Woodrow W. Baker)
To: N/A
Message Hash: 4efeabf1587b0fe8ba13d4783ecca5ef9b4f26343e4c056bc72146f9104bbba0
Message ID: <4i5gtu$99i@news2.realtime.net>
Raw Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 17:53:35 +0800

Raw message

From: knapper@bga.com (Woodrow W. Baker)
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 1996 17:53:35 +0800
Subject: CD-reading for random keys

Doe anyone know where sample code exists to enable one to read the digital
stream from an audio CD?  If so, I'd appreciate some pointers to it via
email.  It seems to me like an Audio Cd would make the perfect one-time
crypto system.  You merely start reading at a specific spot, tossing away
bytes using a reproducable random number generator, then permuting
those to form a XOR one time key of any length you want.  All that would be
required to decrypt it would be a CD, the starting point, and the
encryption/decryption software.  The first step is to be able to read an
arbitray sequence of digital samples from an arbitrary spot on a CD.  I'm
currently looking for software (perferably source) to enable me to do that.

Cheers
Woody

--
Woody Baker Postscript consultant/ hired software gun /flintknapper
knapper@bga.com        woody@knapper.cactus.org

Thread